Sunday 15 October 2017

Ubud 2

The Grab car driver had told me that I should try babi guling, roast sucking pig, a speciality of Bali. So I consulted the Internet which recommended a place about 200m north of the main street. On the way I encountered a religious procession, probably worshippers leaving services. In their Sunday best, of course.


The restaurant was a simple affair, they were chopping up the pig downstairs while take-away customers waited for their order. Upstairs there were two floors of seating. I ordered a roast pork combo and a beer and went upstairs to wait. When it arrived it looked like this. Along with slices of roast pork were crackling, grilled entrails, blood sausage and condiments, one or two of which were incendiary. It was alright, but the pork was not as tender as I had hoped.


On the top floor I got cooling breezes and views of flowering trees, one a frangipani.


This was the other. I don't know it. I really need a What's That Flower webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment