Saturday 14 October 2017

Ubud 1

I was due to move on to Ubud sometime during the day and the most convenient time was between 1000 and 1400 when both lodgings would be doing their housekeeping. I took another morning walk on Sanur beach and had a snack before returning to my room to pack. I was torn between catching the cheaper Perama shuttle bus or summoning a Grab car. In the end when I eyeballed the walking distance from the terminal in Ubud from the map, I went for Grab. It was cheap anyway.

Along the way up the hills we encountered a bit of traffic. Bali roads are narrow and traffic jams are endemic. The driver told me that not surprisingly regular taxis disliked the intrusion of ride sharing services.

At Ubud my room was not ready so I left my luggage with them and went looking for lunch. According to the Internet, Fair Warung Bale served good food and the proceeds go towards local humanitarian services. While I wanted for my nasi goreng, I read some of the uplifting sayings on the wall.

I was on the first floor and there was another nice restaurant across the street which I never got to try though.

Bintang (star) beer is what they drink in Bali and the rest of Indonesia.

My tasty nasi goreng with prawn and tomato.

Unfortunately it decided to thunderstorm in the afternoon so I slept it off in my room.

In the evening I decided to eat close to the guesthouse in a nearby Italian restaurant. The capricciosa pizza was very good. A less tasty pizza would have been too salty, but this one was made with a light touch and good to the last slice.

The rain petered out leaving the streets wet. This gelateria attracted me because of the deep purple dragon fruit flavour.

I walked west along the main drag of Ubud, taking pictures. This was a restaurant or bar with detailed outside decoration.

You can see how narrow the main street is.

No comments:

Post a Comment