Monday 16 October 2017

Legian 1

For my last night in Bali I had picked a mid-range hotel to pamper myself. It was a step up from the guesthouses. Firstly in the more luxurious bathroom.


Then a very comfortable bed, though the guesthouse beds were quite adequate.


It had a pool which the guesthouses didn't. And the breakfast was generous.


A welcome plate of fruit was in the room on arrival, and in the evening, a couple of pastries were given as a present. The fruit with the scaly looking skin was one I had not seen before. A search showed that it was a salak, and it tasted a bit like a dry apple. The other two are an orange (green) and a pear.


I had decided upon a Mexican dinner in the next suburb, Kuta, and I took the beach road there. Unfortunately I had missed the sunset. There were some tables set on the beach. I can see the attraction of Bali, having torchlit dinner on the beach on a cool tropical evening.


Here you see typical Bali stepped stone façades. Very elaborate.


If you don't want to swim in the sea, resorts like these have pools and gardens. Just the thing for a pampered holiday.


Here is my dinner burrito. It was adequate, though the price was starting to approach Australian levels. Apparently the owners are Australian.

I walked back to the hotel along the shopping streets of Legian.

No comments:

Post a Comment